Senior Estimator must be able to provide high-level fully detailed computer-generated estimates using Excel and other industry estimating software. Must be able to complete full earthwork takeoffs and estimates.
- Complete structure demolition
- Selective structure demolition
- Strip out of building interiors
- Site demolition
- Excavation and Earthwork
Work with the Preconstruction department in the following:
- Review, download, and evaluate incoming requests for proposals (RFP) and clearly define scopes of work.
- Identify subcontractor requirements and develop scope for pricing.
- Attend site visits and interface with Berg’s client base.
- Prepare through estimates
- Prepare proposals, schedules and bid submittals
- Insure bid deliverables are submitted on time.
- Follow up on all submitted bids until project is awarded
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail, organization, problem solving, and effective time management .
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Autodesk PlanGrid
- Ability to read/understand blueprints (Architectural, Structural, Civil, and MEP)
- Familiarity with construction bidding software as Procure, bid pro, iSqFt, and building connected.
- Familiarity with environmental reports
- Estimator (At least 5 years full time)
- Background in construction work (5-10 years)
- High School Degree
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, construction management, or related. (preferred)
- Additional coursework/interest in computers and mathematics (preferred)